A Topographical survey also known as a Land Survey is an accurate depiction of natural and manmade features on and around the earthÔÇÖs surface.
Whether you are planning a new development or renovating an existing site a topographical survey is an essential first stage and can reduce the possibility of future costly mistakes or unforeseen issues in the design process.
K J Hall Surveyors offer a bespoke survey specific to your requirements using the latest Trimble technology to accurately and efficiently record the necessary information.
We use our expert and experience knowledge to evaluate the amount of data required to produce the required survey. Too much or too little data can result in unnecessary costs.
The survey detail can vary from site to site depending on the individual requirement. A typical topographical survey may include:
- Boundaries with type, height, etc. identified
- Permanent buildings with ridge, eaves and floor levels along with apparent use and type of construction shown
- Neighbouring buildings with ridge and eaves
- Road kerb-lines and street furniture
- Paths, hard-standings and changes of surface
- Individual significant trees (plotted to scale and identified)
- Extent of canopy of groups of trees, shrubs and hedges
- Overhead wires and surface indications of underground services
- Drainage manholes and inspection covers, gullies, etc.
- Banks and retaining walls
- Ditches, ponds, streams, etc.
The majority of our surveys are coordinated to United Kingdom National Grid (UKNG) and levelled to Ordnance Datum using our survey grade GPS equipment.
Our surveys can be delivered in various formats and scales to meet everyoneÔÇÖs individual requirements. These are normally delivered as 2D or 3D CAD files but can also be produced as GENIO files or in hard format on paper and film.
We maintain continuous Professional Indemnity and Public Liability Insurance and are regulated by the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) meaning our services can be used in complete confidence.